This course will take you to the first level of PADI instructors dedicated to teaching the TecRec programs. The Tec Instructor Training course is the level before the Tec Deep Instructor course and then allows you to teach Tec 40 divers. It includes course goals and philosophies of teaching that deal directly with the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving.
The PADI Tec Instructor course prepares participants to run the TEC 40 course. The focus here is on the philosophy and organisation of the course as well as the advertising and practical considerations when teaching the TEC 40 course. As a Tec Instructor, you are qualified to teach and certify participants up to the TEC 40 course. You can also assist Tec Deep Instructors with the Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
PADI TEC Instructor: Prerequisites for participation
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
- PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or successful participation in a PADI Enriched Air Instructor Training course.
- PADI Deep Diving Specialty Instructor, or successful participation in a PADI Deep Diving Specialty Instructor Training course.
- Proof of at least 100 logged open water dives, of which at least 20 dives were completed with Nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 meters in foot and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 meters.
- A valid medical certificate (no older than one year).
Prerequisites for brejection as a PADI TEC instructor
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
- PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
- Tec 45 diver or equivalent.
- Detection of at least 20 open water dives with phased decompression.
- Successful completion of the Tec Instructor “Standards Test” and the test for “Theory and Practical Application.”
Duration: T he course to the PADI Tec Instructor lasts at least 3 days plus. Self. Start dates are arranged individually.